I don’t know about you, but I think guys are really hard to shop for. Sometimes Mark will tip his hand and tell me something he’s discovered that he likes, but lots of times, I’m just spinning my wheels thinking of something he’d enjoy! This list is full of items I’ve given him in the past and he LIKES. In other words, these are all field tested and dude-approved! If you click the image below, it will take you each item… all links are affiliate links for your shopping convenience!
1. Transit Designs– I gave this to Mark years ago for an anniversary and chose all the destinations that had significance to him (and us!)… where he was born… his favorite golf course… hospital where Eleanor was born… city where we got married. You get the drift. It’s still one of my favorite pieces and you’ll spy it in our office!
2. Superhero Shirt– Oliver is SOLIDly in his superhero phase so 99% of his t-shirts have a logo on them… we gave Mark one of these shirts last year, and Oliver loves seeing dad wearing the same gear as he is!
3. Face Cream– Most guys idea of skin care is to use warm water instead of cold water when they rinse their face after shaving. Why not introduce a little TLC into dad’s routine… who are we kidding… we’re not getting any younger!
4. Laptop Case– I love the simple leather of this case and bonus that you can have it monogrammed for a special little flare. Perfect for the guy who schlepps his computer back and forth to work each day!
5. Shearling Slippers– I think Mark secretly rolled his eyes when he first opened these, but… he is a total convert and wears these every night and much of the weekend! I’m thinking of replacing mine this year also… so cozy!
6. Kreg Jig– If your guy’s ever going to build anything, then this is a must-have. I still use this smaller version for all of my building and wouldn’t know where to begin without it. Exhibit A, Exhibit B and Exhibit C.
7. Coozie– I don’t drink beer, but if I did, I’d want some cute little outfit for it. Hence… the coozie.
8. Portable Charger– These portable chargers are great when headed off for a day of meetings or travel… they don’t take up any room and come in handy when there’s not a plug in site.
9. Quick Draw Tape Measure– I saw a video about this a while ago and have sort of been obsessed ever since. It’s a built in tape measure AND pencil so when you’re looking to make a measurement… you just use the end of the tape measure to make your mark!
10. Paint Sprayer– You know all those painting jobs that you never get around to, or the trim in the living room that needs a freshen up, or the armoire that you’ve always dreamed of painting teal? You can do ALLLLL of those things in under 3 hours with this paint sprayer. It’s my jam.
11. Down Vest– Mark wears this down vest for the first 3 months of the fall and the first 2 months of spring. It’s the perfect autumn coat AND layers under heavier coats when the frigid temps settle in.
12. Fingerless Gloves– These are pretty much all I wear when the cold temps settle in. I use them in my workshop and still get things done. Mark wears his to the train so he can better maneuver his cell phone and ticket, etc.
13. Mens Belt– In my experience, a good fun men’s belt is like a unicorn. I love that these are made to order so you can choose the color of the belt and the pattern! How cute is this ‘tool’ themed one?
14. Custom Framing– My friends RAVE about Framebridge. You know all of those digital images you have plans for but there they sit collecting cyber dust in some “To Print” file on your computer?! Framebridge will put all those digital images into the frame of your choice! There are soooooo many great options!
15. Zipcode Key Chain– I have one of these and love it. That is all.
16. Pencil Portrait– OK. If you don’t get anything else from this list… these are the ones. I gave pencil portraits of the kids to Mark last Christmas and you’ve seen them hanging in our dining room. The artist Jessica is CRAZY talented. If you don’t believe me follow her on Instagram. I wish I had a fraction of her talent!
17. Travel Coffee Cup– These cups will keep your coffee hot for HOURS. Like pour a cup before you leave in the morning, and it WILL be hot at lunch. Also? It doesn’t leak so I just make a cup and huck it in my bag whenever I’m headed out!
18. Cashmere Socks– I dunno… I love cashmere. Everyone needs new socks. Seemed like a good combo for dear ol’ dad!
19. Cornhole– This cornhole set can be customized which I love. I made a cornhole set for the gang to play at Thanksgiving and the kids LOVED it. We used beanie babies instead of beanbags and it was the best. Dads love outdoor activities, right?
20. Alexa– I mentioned this in an earlier gift guide, but wanted to reiterate… we love our Alexa. She plays music whenever we want. She organizes our shopping list. She tells us how many days until Christmas…
I ordered a bunch of things for the kids last week, but still have to figure out something for Mark! We already have (and love!) the items on this list so alas… not much help, but I’ll keep you posted!
Don’t forget to PIN IT for later–>