When I tell you this post is down to the wire, I mean it’s DOWN TO THE WIRE! I actually photographed the room last week, but editing and hitting publish was the challenge here! I digress… our third floor bathroom is DONE! Fin! Complete! With everything all said and done, this makeover was my favorite type: dramatic before/ after but not any real “heavy lifting”… i.e. mostly superficial!
When I was puttering around with ideas for our guest bathroom, the floor was a major dilemma. I’ve retiled floors before and… it’s intense. It requires lots of time, lots of materials, and little things like removing toilets and pulling apart baseboards. Given our chaotic house this month… none of those things sounded like anything I wanted to get into. So… I painted ’em!
What we don’t have is the final floor treatment. I’m saving that for next week. So for today… I thought I’d focus my attention on the little area outside this bathroom. Our guest room doesn’t have a closet, so this area is a dressing area/ closet all wrapped into one. I had a rolling rack there, but it wasn’t anything special… I wanted to possibly hanging something to free up the floor space, but the corner wasn’t quite right for hanging. After poking around Pinterest for some other DIY garment racks, I pulled little details from lots of the ones I saw, and came up with my own design!
Week 2 of the One Room Challenge and I’m waiting on a couple of deliveries. Specifically, wallpaper, lighting and… goodies for a last minute plan for the floor situation. Until those arrive, I figured this would be the perfect week to quickly build a table for the back wall, prep the floor and take care of a new shower curtain.